I think this would be a great song for a McShep vid! Not sure whose point of view tho…
Anonymous asked: Did the books finally show up? Fingers crossed that they did.
They did not. UPS gets ten days to try and find them, then a claim can be filed. I made the announcement over on the KS page that there’d in all likelihood be a considerable delay for anyone who ordered books 1 and 2 together :( The shipment that is lost is all my volume 1 reprints, about 750 books. If you only ordered book 2 though, it shouldn’t affect you. Unless UPS loses that shipment as well, but that would just be ridiculously awful, no?
Fortunately, my printer is being amazing. They are handling UPS now, they’re going to file the claim, and they are in all ways going above and beyond. When this is over with I’m going to have to pimp them madly in a very public post or something.
It is so, so, so frustrating though. I met every deadline I set for myself to get these books printed and sent to backers by year’s end, and I’ve been screwed (and more importantly my backers screwed) by the gross incompetence of this disorganised embarrassment of a shipping company. Backers will get their books in the end, but this should not have happened.
Well, that’s a damn shame! But good on your printers, at least on bright spot!
do you ever feel like you love a character more than their own writers do
johnshepnerd asked: john sheppard :>
- How I feel about this character - He is one of my all-time favorite fictional characters. On the surface he’s this rakish leading man, a cocky fly boy who has problems with authority figures. But he’s also a huge nerd, VERY smart, not as smooth as everyone thinks he is, very dark, lonely, private, solitary person. There are so many levels to John Sheppard. He’s just an intensely interesting character that we only got a glimpse of on screen. Thank goodness he was played by an actor like Joe Flanigan who gave us such a nuanced performance week after week. Flanigan brought so much to the scripts and you can see that in the gif sets that people are creating. Gah! I just absolutely love this character.
- All the people I ship romantically with this character - Rodney McKay. Yeah, that’s pretty much it. Just Rodney.
- My non-romantic OTP for this character - I love his relationship with both Ronon and Teyla.
- My unpopular opinion about this character - I don’t ship him with either Elizabeth or Teyla. I don’t see any romantic intentions in his interactions with either of them. Respect and friendship, most definitely - but never anything romantic.
- One thing I wish would happen / had happened with this character in canon - McShep becoming canon would have been too much to ask for I suppose. Even it was in a tentative, bumbling kind of way. Although that could have been huge fun too. In a more realistic way, I would have liked to have had an adventure with mensa!John or at least more AU stories so we could have continued to meet other versions of John.
The Duane & Sette Question blog’s open now. Sette can’t write, so Duane records her answers for her. Hence her responses are in in quotation marks and his are not.
If you’ve never chatted with the freaks before, know that you’ll have a better chance of them answering your question if it’s in-character and interesting. Duane in particular likes good grammar and he demands courtesy. And if you depress either of them, they clam up for a while. Either one may insult you, so don’t play if you’re sensitive.